- Link to Planets (Learning Cards)
- Duct tape
- The moderator presents the activity with the help of the picture material (learning cards).
- The facilitator presents the topic of the activity; how far from the Sun the planets are. They direct the participants to sort the planets (recommended use of material).
- The planets are sorted by the distance from the Sun: this represents the distance from the goal (the Sun) and provides feedback to the facilitator and to other participants.
- Arrangement of the planets: They are arbitrarily distributed throughout the space and the participants give feedback by selecting a planet.
- The facilitator explains to the participants that they can select one or more planets according to the feedback they provide to the facilitator.
- The facilitator invites participants to share their choice of planets with the others and explain their decision.
- The facilitator must play an active role at the beginning of the activity and present the rules of the activity and the goals to achieve the success of activity.
- Participants may have some extra time if they are not able to make an immediate decision about their choice of planets or if there is a need for further explanation.
- This activity can be used for an individual to self-assess themselves, encourage exploration of their acquired knowledge and promote the growth of both individuals and a group.
Created by Slovenian teachers Vesna Navodnik Ocvirk and Andrej Peklar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.