- Sticky notes
- Recycled materials, straws, wooden sticks, pencils…
- Duct tape
- Colour markers
- The facilitator chooses a topic and communicates it to the participants, then he asks them to create a cardboard frame or photo booth that will be used later on.
- Pre-knowledge check: the facilitator asks the participants to write down on the sticky notes what they already know about the topic. Different images related to the topic can be used instead of the sticky notes.
- Feedback of the new knowledge: after working on the topic, the participants make their own photo props, showing what they’ve learnt (using straws, recycled materials ecc..). The aim is to make a selfie with their understanding of the topic. The participants make a selfie in the frame or the photo booth holding their props in front of their face.
- The facilitator prints out the photos, which can be displayed as an exposition to revise the content. Then the participants can include the photos in their portfolio or stick them in their notebooks.
- If the activity is used after every chapter or theme or every activity, the participants have a great portfolio in the form of a selfie, which they love to make.
Created by Slovenian teachers Branka Unverdorben, Natalija Šlogar and Tina Dimec Ivanjko.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.